Good OL' Rolls
- Conventional Oven
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1 cup milk scalded
- 2 tbsp Crisco shortening
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 eggs
- 2½ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine lukewarm water and yeast and set aside.
- Combine salt, sugar, and shortening to scalded milk. Cool to lukewarm.
- Add egg and yeast mixture and stir. Stir in flour.
- Place in a bowl and cover with a wet cloth. Let rise and double in size.
- Knead. Pinch off in small portions and put in pans. Let rise again.
- Bake until golden brown.
Tried this recipe?CLICK HERE to let us know how it was!